Queen Anne’s County Library is joining with the other public libraries on the Eastern Shore of Maryland to create a new shore-wide catalog!
How will Library services be disrupted by this transition?
- Both library branches will be closed Tuesday & Wednesday, August 8 & 9 for staff training.
- Beginning August 1 no holds will be taken and there will be no access to the Marina Interlibrary loan system.
- Starting August 9: You will not be able to access your account online.
- We will be “working offline” August 11—16. This means we can only check–out materials, and customers will need their library cards to check out. There will be no check-ins or holds placed, and we will not have access to customer records.
- Both branches will open at 1:00p.m. on “Go Live Day” – August 17
How will the change affect me?
- To save their reading histories, library members must log into the PAC and print the “loan history” under their account by August 7. After that date, all reading histories and lists will be deleted due to the transition. Library staff can assist you with this.
- No library materials will be due between August 8 and August 21. We ask that you not return materials during this time. It would be a great help to us and you will not be charged fines.
- In the new system your default PIN will be the last four digits of your primary phone number.
What are the benefits of this transition?
- A seamless library experience across 8 counties.
- Easier and more efficient shore-wide search for materials.
- Easier access to 2.1 million items.
- Faster delivery of reserved materials.
- A new auto-renewal feature to help you avoid fines.
- Future self-check stations.
- Cost savings for the QAC Library.
- A mobile friendly experience.
- Digital library items (ex. e-books, downloadable music and movies) integrated into the library catalog.
On behalf of the 8 Eastern Shore County Library Systems (Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worcester), thank you for your patience during this time. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (410)758-0980 or (410)643-8161.