High School Page – The Kent Island Branch has two openings for these evening/weekend positions. The successful candidate will be scheduled for one or two evenings per week from 5-8pm and every third Saturday from 9am-5pm. A Sunday 1-4pm shift could be offered in place of one evening.
1. Ability to interact courteously with the public, including good telephone manners
2. Ability to sort materials in alphabetical and numerical order and learn the Dewey classification system
3. Ability to concentrate on detailed tasks
4. Ability to learn new skills and technology
5. Flexibility in accepting assignments
6. High school enrollment or equivalent
1. Shelves materials
2. Organizes the collection and refreshes displays
3. Provides customer service and performs routine circulation duties
Applications are available at the Kent Island Branch and will be accepted through Tuesday, July 25. Training will begin in mid-August. Queen Anne’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.