The library is pleased to provide fax service to the general public. Anyone needing fax service will be accommodated as soon as possible, but library services and operations will take priority.
The Fax number for the Centreville branch is 410-758-0614
The Fax number for the Kent Island branch is 410-643-7098
Sending a Fax
- Charges: $1.00 per page, local or long distance.
- Operation of the fax machine is limited to library staff.
- A supplied cover sheet must be filled out in order to send a fax. There is no charge for the cover sheet unless it is the only page sent.
- The library is not responsible for the quality of the fax sent including missing pages, bad transmissions, failure to transmit or incomplete information.
- The library does not fax to international numbers.
- Only the patron may determine the success of the transmission by calling the recipient.
- If the call results in a busy signal or other failed connection, 4 more attempts will be made to transmit in the next 10 minutes. If failure persists for 10 minutes, transmissions may be resubmitted one hour later at no additional charge.
Receiving a Fax
- Charges: $.50 cents per page
- The library is not responsible for the quality of received faxes.
- Anyone expecting a fax should notify the library immediately. The library will call the recipient when the fax is received. You will have 5 days to pick up your fax, if not picked up the fax will be shredded.
- Library staff will not read incoming faxes but will place them in a folder until they are picked up.
Approved by Queen Anne’s County Library Board of Trustees: Date