The Queen Anne’s County library provides public bulletin boards in order to meet the information needs of the community. The bulletin boards at each branch are for individuals and groups in the community to announce events and services that are of general and current interest. By providing public bulletin boards the library does not imply endorsement of the events or services advertised.
- Notices must be submitted to staff for posting in designated areas and may not be mounted to walls, doors, windows or other surfaces.
- Only one copy of a notice is permitted at the Kent Island branch and two copies for Centreville branch (one copy for each entry).
- Notices should be no larger than “8-1/2 x 11”.
- Notices of events will be removed after the event takes place.
- Notices that are not date sensitive may be posted for up to three months, space permitting; each notice will be marked with the date it was posted.
- Notices posted by individuals offering a service must include the name of the individual or business as well as contact information.
- All materials posted become the property of the library unless other prior arrangements have been made.
- The library reserves the right to remove any notice that it deems inappropriate.
The branch manager and/or circulation supervisor at each branch is responsible for interpreting this policy, monitoring its implementation, and maintenance of the bulletin boards.
Approved by Queen Anne’s County Board of Trustees
June 3, 2013